Industrial Action Update 202219th December 2022
Our Health and Social Care System is in an intensive period of industrial action which is impacting on our services.
We are working closely with the Trade Unions to protect our critical services and to minimise disruption to our patients and service users, as far as possible.
Please note that if you have a pre-booked appointment you should attend unless we contact you to say that it has been cancelled.
Impact on Trust Services 20th December 2022:
- Endoscopy Investigations: 17 postponed
- Surgical procedures: 15 postponed
- Outpatient appointments: 229 postponed
- The Minor Injuries Unit in the Ards Hospital is closed Tuesday 20th December but will reopen as normal on Wednesday 21st December at 9am
Services going ahead 20th December 2022:
- Outpatient appointments across the Trust: 1021 going ahead as scheduled
- District Nursing services are continuing in the community but are reduced to Christmas Day/Bank Holiday level
- Emergency surgery will continue and the Chemotherapy and Renal Dialysis Units will be open
IF YOU HAVE A PRE-BOOKED APPOINTMENT YOU SHOULD ATTEND UNLESS WE CONTACT YOU TO SAY THAT IT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
PLEASE NOTE: THE EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT AT THE ULSTER HOSPITAL AND THE PHONE FIRST URGENT CARE CENTRES IN THE LAGAN VALLEY AND DOWNE HOSPITALS WILL REMAIN OPEN.
The safety of our patients, clients and service users remains our priority.
We sincerely regret this disruption and would ask for your patience and co-operation.
Industrial Action Dates:
Monday 12 December to Monday 19 December 2022
UNISON and NIPSA will take action short of strik
Tuesday 20 December 2022
RCN will take strike action