Community Stroke Team
The Community Stroke Rehabilitation Teams are specialised, multi- professional teams of staff offering early supported discharge and stroke rehabilitation in community settings and the client’s home environment.
The team provides:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Nursing support
- Social Work
The team also provides Rehabilitation Assistants who support the rehabilitation programme by carrying out delegated exercise programmes and functional tasks.
The service also provides advice on health issues, secondary prevention and emotional and family support, access to specialist dietetics, ophthalmology and podiatry support.
The team works in partnership with voluntary sector agencies to support during and after rehabilitation.
What does the service aim to do?
The service aims to:
- Provide a seamless effective, efficient service within regional and national guidelines incorporating best practice across the South Eastern Trust area.
- Provide individual needs led stroke rehabilitation within the home environment and in community settings, maximising functional ability and independence and facilitating reintegration in the community.
- Facilitate early supported discharge by providing continuity of care from the acute setting to discharge home.
- Promote supported self-management during the recovery process and for longer term needs.