Down SureStart is a local partnership of statutory, voluntary & community organisations who work together with children aged 0-4 years and their parents/families to experience new opportunities and maximise their full potential.
Down SureStart has been operational since 2001 and is well embedded into the local community. It covers the electoral wards of Audley’s Acre, Ballymote, Cathedral & Quoile in Downpatrick and Ardglass, Killough , Strangford and Murlough (Newcastle).
Programmes and Activities
We offer a range of free programmes and activities to all families with children aged 0-4 years living within our catchment area including:
- Antenatal /Postnatal Support
- Baby massage/movement programmes
- Behaviour Management Programmes
- Breastfeeding Support
- Cook it!
- Choose to loose
- Early Years Programmes / Crèche Support
- First Aid
- Healthy Lifestyle Programmes
- Health Visiting Support
- Home Safety Service
- Infant Massage
- Parenting Programmes
- Parent & Toddler Programmes
- Parent and Toddler group for families of children with an additional need (Bright Stars)
- Health and wellbeing programmes
- Practical & emotional home-based family support
- Dads programmes
- Speech, Language & Communication Support
- Useful Links