Youth Health Advice
Due to COVID19 we have moved the Youth Health Advice Service online.
Please contact Gabrielle O’Neill Health Development Specialist at YHAS@setrust.hscni.net with regard to any support required via the Youth Health Advice Service.
This service is confidential and is provided by the South Eastern Trust with the assistance of qualified staff from other Community/Voluntary/Statutory services.
Gabrielle O’Neill Health Development Specialist for Sexual Health & Disability for the South Eastern Trust is responsible for coordinating this service across the South Eastern Area states “My experience is that young people have many health related worries and concerns around sexual health and unplanned pregnancy, alcohol and drug use, smoking and emotional health concerns like anxiety and depression and this has been escalated due to Covid19. Young people become very anxious and worry about these issues and can feel they have no one to turn too. We would like you to make contact with Ruth and discuss your concerns so that you can receive the best up to date advice and guidance during this time of uncertainty”
What does this service provide?
These are all difficult issues to be dealing with, but the Youth Health Advice Service means that you can get help and advice and signposting from professional health staff on the following:
- The use of alcohol and drugs
- Testing for sexually transmitted diseases Http://sh24.org.uk/
- Advice on contraception
- Pregnancy test (Registration required)*
- The availability of Emergency Hormonal Contraception (EHC) (morning after pill) (Registration required)*
- C-card scheme – if you are aged between 16 and 25 years and live in Lisburn, Rural Lisburn, North Down & Ards or Down area you can get free condoms from us when you register with the C-Card scheme (Postal Service)*
- Support for those who want to stop smoking
- Signposting to appropriate organisations to help those with emotional issues
Our main aim is to make sure that our Young People are happy and healthy while studying during the Covid19 crisis that they can achieve their qualifications and accomplish their goals. So don’t worry in silence talk to the experts and get the appropriate support.
Youth Health Advice Request Form
* Registrations won’t be processed between the 21st December and the 4th January. *
Sexual Health Service
The South Eastern Health & Social Care Trust’s Sexual Health Service is based at the Downe Hospital, Downpatrick, with additional clinics in Bangor and Lisburn. You do not have to be referred by a doctor – we provide free sexual health care and advice for all age groups, including testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections and genital conditions. Urgent and non urgent appointments are available, and the service is strictly confidential.
For more information on the service, please click here.
- Useful Links