Infection prevention and control is among the highest of priorities for the South Eastern Trust. We have a dedicated Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPCT) who take a proactive approach to preventing the spread of infection.
- Provision of education and support to all staff, patients and visitors
- Surveillance and monitoring of trends of infection and risk
- Support and advice during outbreaks or infection incidents
- Participation in research and innovative practice
- Capital development planning advice
Infection prevention and control is everyone’s responsibility. Germs can be brought into wards and departments by anyone and easily spread to others if infection prevention and control measures are not followed.
How can patients help?
How can visitors help?