Community Dental Service
The Community Dental Service looks after those who, because of their special care needs, are unable to attend a family dentist, this includes:
- People with learning disabilities
- People with physical disabilities
- Elderly care home residents who are unable to attend a general dental practice
- People who have severe mental illness
- People with significant anxiety, phobias or behavioral difficulties
- People who are housebound
- People with a significant medical condition
The Community Dental Service also provides specialist care for:
- Special Care Adults requiring dental care under general anaesthetic
- General anaesthetic extraction service for children referred from dental practices.
The Community Dental Service places a strong emphasis on the prevention of dental disease and work with colleagues throughout healthcare to improve the oral health of the population.
Out of Hours Times & Information
The Relief of Dental Pain Clinic is for the treatment of dental EMERGENCIES ONLY.
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Severe pain
The clinic does not have facilities for permanent restoration of lost crowns/bridges or denture repairs.
Belfast City Hospital – Relief of Dental Pain Clinic
7:00pm – 9.15pm every evening
10:00am – 12.15pm on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays
Patients are reminded that NHS charges apply to this service (unless you are exempt). Tel: (028) 9063 8486
The Community Dental Service accepts referrals from General Dental Practices, General Medical Practitioners and other Health professionals. We do not accept self-referrals.