Industrial Action 202325th January 2023
Our Health and Social Care System is in a period of industrial action.
We are working closely with the Trade Unions to protect our critical services and to try and minimise the impact of industrial action on our patients and service users.
Please note that if you have a pre-booked appointment you should attend unless we contact you to say that it has been cancelled.
Current Planned Industrial Action
Monday 16 January 2023 through to Sunday 29 January 2023.
- NIPSA and UNISON is taking action short of strike
- UNISON, NIPSA and UNITE will take full strike action on Thursday 26 January for a 24 hour period
Impact on Trust Services:
- Outpatient appointments: 115 postponed
- Endoscopy Investigations: 24 postponed
- Daycases: 19 postponed
- Radiology Investigations: 12 postponed
- Downe Day Procedure Unit will be CLOSED
- Cataract Procedures: 13 postponed
Trust Services going ahead:
- Outpatient appointment: 1272 going ahead as scheduled
- The Regional Day Procedure Unit at Lagan Valley Hospital will operate as normal
- There will be reduced theatre activity at the Ulster Hospital, however the Trust will continue to provide an Emergency List, Fracture List and two Elective Lists
Due to the 24 hour strike, members of the public may experience considerable delays when phoning the hospital switchboard or our wards. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.
District Nursing services are continuing in the community, but in some areas there may be a reduced Christmas Day/Bank Holiday service. If you are affected, you will be contacted by your District Nursing team.
The safety of our patients, clients and service users remains our priority.
We sincerely regret this disruption and would ask for your patience and co-operation.