Industrial Action 202418th January 2024
Last updated: 18 January 2024
We are expecting widespread and very significant disruption to all our hospital and community services as a result of the planned industrial action by a number of Trade Unions on Thursday 18 January 2024.
Urgent and emergency care will continue but all areas of health and social care will be impacted.
Our message to patients and service users is that you should assume your appointment is cancelled, unless you are contacted by the Trust to advise otherwise.
Members of the public may experience considerable delays when phoning the hospital switchboard or our wards tomorrow.
Our Phone First and Walk-In service at the Minor Injury Unit at the Ulster Hospital will not open until 1pm on Thursday 18 January.
If you require urgent medical help, please attend the Emergency Department.
The Walk-In service only at the Minor Injury Unit will resume at 1pm until 6pm.
The Unit will open as normal at 8am on Friday 19 January.
- 839 face-to-face Outpatient and diagnostic appointments
- 84 Endoscopy procedures
- 48 Inpatient procedures
- 24 Day case procedures
- Downe Day Procedure Unit will be closed
Trust services going ahead:
- Emergency and urgent surgery only
- Urgent endoscopy procedures
- Caesarean sections
Lagan Valley Hospital Day Procedure Centre
- All red flag local anaesthetic plastic procedures
- Limited ENT and endoscopy procedures
Limited Trust Services
- Renal dialysis
- Chemotherapy (reduced service)
- Medical day case unit (reduced service)
- Maternity clinics
- Virtual consultant clinics
- Ambulatory hubs
- All day centres closed
- Social work, domiciliary and community care services will be operating a Christmas Day service, at best
IN AN EMERGENCY ALWAYS PHONE 999
All postponed appointments and procedures will be rescheduled as soon as possible.
We regret any inconvenience the disruption will cause.
Thank you for your help and understanding.