Industrial Action March – April 202330th March 2023
LATEST NEWS: All strikes on Monday 3 April have now been paused.
Our Health and Social Care System is in a period of industrial action.
We are working closely with the Trade Unions to protect our critical services and to try and minimise the impact of industrial action on our patients and service users.
Please note that if you have a pre-booked appointment you should attend unless we contact you to say that it has been cancelled.
Current Planned Industrial Action
UNISON will take full strike action on Friday 31 March from 00:01 am – 11:59 pm
Impact on Trust Services:
- Outpatient appointments: 42 postponed
- Endoscopy Investigations: 24 postponed
- Downe Day Procedure Unit will open for reduced operating lists
- Cataract Procedures: 7 postponed
- Surgical operations: 84 postponed
Trust Services going ahead:
- Outpatient appointment: 2415 going ahead as scheduled
- Radiology appointments are going ahead as planned
- The Regional Day Procedure Unit at Lagan Valley Hospital will operate as normal
- There will be reduced theatre activity at the Ulster Hospital, however the Trust will continue to provide an Emergency List, Fracture List and two Elective Lists
Due to the strikes, members of the public may experience considerable delays when phoning the hospital switchboard or our wards. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.
District Nursing services are continuing in the community, but in some areas there may be a reduced Christmas Day/Bank Holiday service. If you are affected, you will be contacted by your District Nursing team.
The safety of our patients, clients and service users remains our priority.
We sincerely regret this disruption and would ask for your patience and co-operation.