Industrial Action September 202320th September 2023
Our Health and Social Care System is in a period of industrial action.
We are working closely with the Trade Unions to protect our critical services and to try and minimise the impact of industrial action on our patients and service users.
Please note that if you have a pre-booked appointment you should attend unless we contact you to say that it has been cancelled.
Current Planned Industrial Action
- UNISON, NIPSA, UNITE, GMB, Society of Radiographers, Chartered Society of Physiotherapists and Royal College of Midwives are taking full strike action for 48 hours from 00.01 Thursday 21 September through to Friday 22 September
- Society of Radiographers full strike action will extend until 08:00am on Saturday 23 September 2023
Impact on Trust Services:
- Outpatient Appointments: 72 postponed
- Endoscopy Investigations: 34 postponed
- Downe Day Procedure Unit will be CLOSED
- Cataract Procedures: 22 postponed
- Radiology Investigations: 308 postponed
- Day Cases: 4 postponed
- Theatres: 22 Inpatient Surgeries and 2 Paediatric Surgeries postponed
Trust Services going ahead:
- Emergency and trauma surgery will continue
Due to the 48-hour strike, members of the public may experience considerable delays when phoning the hospital switchboard or our wards. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.
District Nursing services are continuing in the community on a reduced Christmas Day/Bank Holiday service. If you are affected, you will be contacted by your District Nursing team.
The safety of our patients, clients and service users remains our priority.
We sincerely regret this disruption and would ask for your patience and co-operation.