Trust Welcomes New Compliance Officers20th August 2020
The Trust is pleased to announce that Compliance officers are now in place across the Trust
- 10 Compliance Officers have now taken up post from 17 August 2020 initially covering the 3 acute sites (UH, LVH & Downe Hospital site) 7 days a week.
- The Compliance Officers will provide information on Social Distancing, including reinforcing this requirement to all customers including staff in our restaurants; in addition they will advise public to wear face coverings and also monitor the flow of pedestrian traffic within the hospital.
- They will be reinforcing the Trust smoke free message.
- All staff are still expected to reinforce the social distancing principle and to comply with Trust social distancing procedures that have been widely circulated.
Compliance Officers will be in attendance at hand sanitising stations at the main entrances to our hospitals initially at the following locations:
- Ulster Hospital – Main Entrance, Inpatient Ward Block
- Ulster Hospital Emergency Department
- Ulster Hospital Maternity Entrance
- Ulster Hospital Care of Elderly Entrance
- Lagan Valley – Main Entrance and Emergency Department
- Lisburn Health Centre
- Downe – Main Entrance and Emergency Department
Compliance officers have no jurisdiction to control social distancing within defined clinical environments and waiting areas, it is expected local managers and staff continue to implement COVID IPC guidance in these areas.
I trust you will welcome the new staff into the Trust and support their efforts to implement social distancing